Overall development objective is to deliver key tools to enhance the quality of public decision making for ecotourism development measures alongside nature protection. This tool aims to ensure monitoring of touristic flows and their impact on nature and local communities.
• Developing a model of visitor monitoring system for an ecotourism destination that can be applicable and replicated at a national level.
• Emphasizing the ecotourism profile of the area through high quality businesses and more environmentally friendly.
• Promoting Tara Hategului – Retezat at a national level as a top ecotourism destination in Romania.
Results of the project:
• Quick evaluation of the project area updating its visitor strategy;
• visitors monitoring system;
• monitoring report;
• handbook on visitor monitoring for other ecotourism destinations to use it;
• A local workshop on visitor monitoring with participants from nature conservancy, local administration and business sector< • A national workshop on visitor monitoring. • 8 businesses evaluated according to the Eco-Romania ecotourism certification system; • At least 15 persons trained in green management< • 3000 brochures in English and Romanian; • Updated destination’s website;
Association of Ecotourism in Romania
Retezat Tourism Association, Association for the Development of Social & Health Tourism