INSiGHTS – Integrated Slow, Green and Healthy Tourism Strategies
Tourism in a green and healthy way? It is the only way!
But how can we make regions more attractive to tourists in a green and healthy way?
The project INSiGHTS is about finding solutions for this question by developing tourism strategies, which not only make a region more attractive to tourists, but also protect its natural and cultural resources. All regions in INSiGHTS have outstanding natural and cultural resources,and a great potential related to the fast-growing recreational trend of slow, green and healthy tourism.
In what way is CEEweb for Biodiversity involved in the project?
As a knowledge provider project partner, CEEweb is primarily involved in the development of state-of-the-art approaches in sustainable tourism through the promotion of eco-conscious and healthy lifestyles amongst visitors and hosts (service providers and communities) linked to the sustainable tourism offer. Having robust experience in the topic, we are also responsible for elaborating a methodology for assessing the existing national tourism policies and disseminating the findings at national and regional level.
What is the main outcome of the project?
The development of eight integrated sustainable tourism strategies that will be developed by the partner regions and will be adaptable all across the Danube-region.
- Pons Danubii European Grouping of Territorial Cooperation (Slovakia), lead partner
- CEEweb for Biodiversity (Hungary)
- University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna (Austria)
- Institute for Tourism (Croatia)
- Development Centre of the Heart of Slovenia (Slovenia)
- Harghita County Council (Romania)
- Zala County Government (Hungary)
- Local Action Group “Central Istria” (Croatia)
- Regional Development Agency with Business Support Centre for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (Bulgaria)
- Donautal-Aktiv e.V. (Germany)
- Regional Economic Development Agency for Šumadija and Pomoravlje (Serbia)
- Plovdiv District Administration (Bulgaria)
- Istrian Region – Administrative Department for Tourism (Croatia)
- Komárom-Esztergom County (Hungary)
The project INSiGHTS (DTP1-147-2.2) is co-funded by European Union funds (ERDF, IPA) through the Interreg Danube Transnational Programme (DTP), Priority 2 – Environment and culture responsible Danube region, Specific objective – Foster sustainable use of natural and cultural heritage and resources.
Project duration: 1 January 2017 – 30 June 2019
Programme: Interreg Danube Transnational Programme
Lead partner: Pons Danubii European Grouping of Territorial Cooperation (Slovakia)
Partner countries: Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Germany, Hungary, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia
For more information, please visit project’s website and stay updated by finding out about the latest on social media channels – Facebook and Twitter.