The Double Decker project aims to increase construction capacities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia to support the transformation of the construction industry in energy efficiency, renewable energy, technical progress, education, and digitalization. The project seeks to update essential Europe-wide documents, such as the National Status Quo Analysis and National Roadmap, under the Build Up Skills (BUS) initiative. By identifying and endorsing measures to enhance construction capacities necessary for energy-efficiency focused renovations and the integration of renewables, the project aims to contribute to the goals of the Green Deal, Renovation wave, Smart Finance for Smart Buildings, and other related initiatives. The project will also strengthen EU policies and support the development of National Status Quo analyses and Roadmaps in the peer countries. The collaboration between Czechia and Slovakia will leverage synergies and shared management activities to improve the quality of results and reduce project administration.
Total Eligible Budget: €819,271, EU Contribution: €778,308, EU Funding Percentage: 95%
• Conduct a comprehensive analysis of the current status of the construction industry in the Czech Republic and Slovakia, including energy efficiency, renewable energy, technical progress, education, and digitalization.
• Identify and endorse measures that will increase construction capacities focusing on areas such as doubling the renovation rate, increasing the share of deep renovations, promoting renewable energy integration, advancing technical progress, adopting new educational methods, and implementing digitalization in all branches.
• Collaborate with stakeholders, including construction companies, industry associations, educational institutions, and government bodies, to develop and implement the identified measures.
• Update essential Europe-wide documents, such as the National Status Quo Analysis and National Roadmap, to align with the goals of the Green Deal, Renovation wave, Smart Finance for Smart Buildings, and other related initiatives.
• Strengthen EU policies under the Build Up Skills initiative by providing insights and recommendations based on the experiences and findings in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.