The goal of the project is to promote the use of environmentally friendly public transport in the city of Jelgava and increase the number of passengers in environmentally friendly public transport:
- rchase of four environmentally friendly public vehicles (electric buses);
- Purchase of two charging station equipment;
- Implementation of informational and publicity measures of the project.
After the purchase of new environmentally friendly public transport it is expected, that:
- energy consumption will decrease by approximately 492 MWh/year;
- The CO2 emission level will decrease by approximately 182 t CO2 per year;
- the number of passengers using environmentally friendly public transport will increase by approximately 20%.
Total investment: 2 057 605.00 €. EU investment: 1 445 000.00 € (70,2%).
Jelgava is currently testing this project but has already said that the buses are much better than expected. Residents are also satisfied with the quiet driving. Nice to see that not only charging has been thought of, but educational campaigns have been included. It is hoped that emission-free buses will also be purchased in the future.
Information sourceshttp://www.esfondi.lv/es-fondu-projektu-mekletajs/project?number=18.104.22.168%2F17%2FI%2F005 https://www.lsm.lv/raksts/dzive--stils/motori/pieredze-ar-elektroautobusiem-jelgava-lai-ari-mazaki-tomer-jaudigi-un-taupigi.a496480/