Private Funding for Biodiversity Conservation Internship
Application deadline: October 09, 2023
Location: Budapest, Hungary, or remote
CEEweb for Biodiversity is a network of 33 organisations from 15 Central and Eastern European countries committed, since 1994, to the conservation of biodiversity through the promotion of sustainable development. Throughout this time, we have worked in over 20 countries identifying and changing the drivers behind biodiversity loss; forming common policies and actions for the enhancement of biodiversity in Central and Eastern Europe; and promoting the enforcement of international conventions for nature and biodiversity conservation. To achieve our mission, we work on advocacy, networking with and influencing decision-makers, implementing national and transnational projects, and carrying out capacity-building and raising awareness activities.
About the Internship
The main tasks
- Monitor national efforts in CEE to attract private funding for biodiversity conservation (conduct surveys and interviews with national stakeholders)
- Analyze the effectiveness of these efforts and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develop recommendations for how to attract more private funding for biodiversity conservation in CEE.
- Create and disseminate materials to raise awareness of the importance of private funding for biodiversity conservation.
- Work with CEEweb members, decision-makers, NGOs, and other stakeholders to promote private funding for biodiversity conservation.
What we offer
- Gain valuable experience in biodiversity conservation and sustainable finance (especially EU Sustainable Taxonomy).
- Work with a team of experts on a cutting-edge issue.
- Develop your skills and knowledge in research, analysis, and communication.
- Build your network of contacts in the conservation and finance sectors.
- Developing communicational and organizational skills
- Opportunity for home-office
- Very warm-welcoming environment
- Contract and reference
- Ongoing studies in a relevant field, such as Environmental Science, Conservation Biology, or Sustainable Finance
- Responsibility and strong motivation, being curious and ready to learn
- Good verbal and written level of English
Diversity is our advantage
Therefore, we welcome all applications equally – independent of age, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion/ideology, disabilities, sexual orientation, and identity.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Duration: Minimum 3 months.
Please note that this is an unpaid internship opportunity. Nevertheless, all costs linked to the participation of the intern in events, such as travelling and accommodation, are covered by CEEweb.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and motivation letter to Ms Judit Palotás at email@example.com with the subject "Private Funding for Biodiversity Conservation Internship - Application". Please, also indicate in your email when and for how long you would be available for the internship.