Environmental Policy and Advocacy Internship
Application deadline: October 09, 2023
Location: Budapest, Hungary or remote
CEEweb for Biodiversity is a Central and Eastern European umbrella organisation of mainly nature conservation non-governmental organisations (NGOs). Our mission is the conservation of biodiversity through the promotion of sustainable development. In the last 27 years, we have taken an active role in contributing to relevant civil society discussions and ongoing policy development processes in the areas of biodiversity- and water protection, climate action, sustainable agriculture, governance, and budgeting for sustainability, and most recently, to the objective of achieving resilience in our social-ecological and agroecosystems. We have diverse activities in advocacy and lobbying, international projects, and collaboration with other NGOs for our common goals on various levels.
About the Internship
In 2023, we are looking for dedicated and enthusiastic interns with an interest in the below environmental policy-related work area and activities, with an eagerness to actively support our work and objectives, and with a commitment to biodiversity protection and sustainability.
For the purpose of this call, we are looking for an intern to work on the following activities:
- Tracking ongoing policy development processes and discussions related to the EU biodiversity policy, with a particular focus on the EU Nature Restoration Law;
- Conducting high-quality research on topics related to nature conservation and restoration, particularly threatened species protection, and invasive species management in the CEE region;
- Contributing to studies and position papers on the above topics;
- Supporting communication campaigns and lobbying activities related to the above-listed topics.
- Completed or ongoing bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. environmental science, environmental policy, law, biology)
- Very good command of English required, other EU language(s) an asset
- Strong motivation to learn and gain experience in the NGO sector
- Basic understanding of EU policy related to nature conservation
- Ability to communicate persuasively and explain complex information clearly and succinctly
- Good analytical and organisational skills
Diversity is our advantage
Therefore, we welcome all applications equally – independent of age, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion/ideology, disabilities, sexual orientation, and identity.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Duration: Minimum 3 months, part-time.
Please note that this is an unpaid internship opportunity. Nevertheless, all costs linked to the participation of the intern in events, such as travelling and accommodation, are covered by CEEweb.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and motivation letter to Ms Judit Palotás at email@example.com with the subject "Environmental Policy and Advocacy Internship - Application". Please, also indicate in your email when and for how long you would be available for the internship.