Our mission is to work for the conservation of biodiversity through the promotion of sustainable development. We do so through advocacy, networking with and influencing decision-makers, implementing national and transnational projects, and carrying out capacity-building and raising awareness activities.
Throughout this time, we have worked in over 20 countries identifying and changing the drivers behind biodiversity loss; forming common policies and actions for enhancing biodiversity in Central and Eastern Europe; and promoting the enforcement of international conventions for nature and biodiversity conservation.
Furthermore, in order to further increase our impact, CEEweb works in collaboration with other organisations and participates in expert groups. Namely, CEEweb is:
A member of:
- EU Biodiversity Platform
- European Environmental Bureau (EEB)
- Climate Action Network (CAN)
- Nemzetközi Humanitárius és Fejlesztési Civil Szövetség (HAND)
- Zöld Civil Orszgos Egyesület (Zöld Civil)
- Expert Group on the Birds and Habitats Directives (NADEG)
- Marine Expert Group (MEG)
- European Habitats Forum (EHF)
- Expert Group on the implementation of the EU Soil Strategy for 2030
- EU CAP Network Focus Group on 'Enhancing the biodiversity on farmland through high-diversity landscape features'